Indian Elections 2009 - Comments

Tuesday 10 March 2009

Karunanidhi's Son - M.K.Azhagiri to contest from Madurai?


M.K. Azhagiri may contest the Lok Sabha elections from Madurai, the party has almost completed its preliminary exercise of cross-checking the voters’ lists and simultaneously mobilising votes in a door-to-door canvassing.
Resolutions passed by the DMK’s urban and rural units in Madurai district have been forwarded to the party high command. “It is for thalaivar (party leader M Karunanidhi) to take the final decision,” Azhagiri told The New Indian Express over telephone.
Asked whether he was interested in being elected to the Lok Sabha, Azhagiri said he had never been after power. “I have never asked for any post. I only want to work for the party.”
He declined to comment on rumours doing the rounds in the temple town that his daughter and DMK women’s wing campaign secretary Kayalvizhi might be one of the contestants.
He will be the last hope for DMK, which is traumatised by the pro-Srilankan Tamil wave used by MDMK, PMK and surprisingly - the AIADMK
Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit BlinkList Furl Mixx Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo
ma.gnolia squidoo newsvine live netscape tailrank mister-wong blogmarks slashdot spurl StumbleUpon

2 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed

    reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.so you also can read my blog. my blog is about Nike AIR Force,
    Air Max and nike star shoes.welcome to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annan azakiriku engal vottu.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...